IBPSA-USA is the United States regional affiliate of the International Building Performance Simulation Association (IBPSA). The mission of IBPSA-USA is to advance and promote the science of building simulation in order to improve the design, construction, operation, and maintenance of new and existing buildings in the United States.
Fostering better buildings through simulation.
- The application of effective building simulation tools is standard practice in design and operation of healthy, productive, efficient buildings.
- Simulation tools are available to model the challenging issues of the current day.
- Building simulation provides credible, timely, information.
We accomplish our mission by providing our members with opportunities to learn and share research by convening trainings and conferences. We also provide an online repository of publications and resources.
IBPSA-USA's Purpose (excerpt from Articles of Incorporation)
The purpose for which the Corporation is formed is to foster the development and effective application of building simulation techniques in order to improve the performance of buildings in the United States by:
- Holding national conferences to collate, preserve, and publish current developments in the field of building simulation and to transfer information about building simulation to practitioners.
- Facilitating the exchange of information among members and others with interest in building simulation through meetings, newsletters, electronic publication, and other means.
- Providing financial and career-development support to students in building simulation fields.
- Engaging in educational initiatives designed to enhance the teaching of building simulation in educational institutions and directly to building industry practitioners.
- Sponsoring research and develop programs aimed at improving the technology of building simulation.
- Supporting harmonization activities to regularize the application of building simulation through activities such as the definition of standard methods for performance assessment, the provision of supporting data, promulgation of common data formats, and participation in development of building codes and rating systems.
- Forming strategic alliances with professional organizations, such as engineering and architectural societies, to promote mutual understanding of the requirements of other professions and the effective use of building simulation technology.
- Engaging in other activities consistent with the purposes stated above.
IBPSA-USA completed its formal organization process in January of 1998. IBPSA-USA is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization.