- October 2015 – Kickoff meeting
- February 2016 – “Energy Modeling of Campus Buildings in their Urban Context using Virtual PULSE”
- March 2016 – “Modeling based commissioning – How to bring controls diagnostics into energy modelling and carry that through into the commissioning and operation of the building”
- May 2016 – “DOE's BEM R&D Roadmap--Overview, Feedback, Lessons & Plans”
- August 2016 – “Improving the modeling of infiltration in commercial building energy models”
- December 2016 – “Why is Energy Modelling Important from a Building Owners Perspective?”
- Energy modeling is not something new for building professionals. Did you ever wonder how much it is useful to the owners? How do they see it? Is it worth for them to invest money/time in energy modeling? What do they expect or what should they expect and how to make use of it? Will creating the energy model awareness benefit the building community?
IBPSA Maryland chapter provided support to UMD’s NSF solicitation on “Smart Building Services for Optimal Human Experience of the Environment and Reduced Energy Consumption (SmartX)”. UMD received the funding for this project. UMD will share the study results with IBPSA after the work is done.
Reproduction and publication of this article and its contents in no way implies that IBPSA-USA endorses the products/services mentioned.