Thank you for your interest in forming a local chapter! Please email Executive Director Mike Wilson (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions about this process.
To form a local chapter, a group of IBPSA-USA members must petition the Board of Directors with the following:
- A list of at least 5 proposed committee members -- including a proposed committee chair -- with contact information for each. Proposed committee members must be IBPSA-USA members.
- The proposed geographic territory.
- A list of past meeting dates (if any), and proposed future meeting dates and locations.
- A list of proposed chapter activities.
- Statement agreeing to abide by chapter guidelines, should a chapter committee be formed.
IBPSA-USA chapters are organized as committees of IBPSA-USA. The local group may select its own leadership, but officially the chair of the local chapter is appointed by the IBPSA-USA president. As long as activities of the chapter are consistent with the IBPSA-USA purposes, see http://www.ibpsa.us/about, then the chapter is pretty much free to organize its own activities.
- Access to IBPSA-USA's GoToMeeting/GoToWebinar account to share events, which many chapters have done very successfully.
- Access to our video archive. Chapter webinars also get saved in our video archive, and chapters are always free to add more content to the archive. This is a great way to promote and share your events with the entire community.
- Financial support. IBPSA-USA can intermediate payments and hold funds for chapters if they raise money from events or sponsorships. That money would be reimbursed to cover chapter expenses. For example, a local chapter raises funds from local sponsors for an event. We can facilitate acceptance of funds via our PayPal account, and hold/manage those funds for chapter benefit.
- Chapter mini-site on the IBPSA-USA website. Chapters can also set up a "mini-site" at ibpsa.us at any time to promote events, share news, and display chapter information. See an example here.